Built by John Carey (Hc4) c.1840 in mock Gothic style overlooking
the Harbour of St Peter Port. It remained in the family until 1912 when
it was sold by William Wilfred Carey (He10).
In his book, 'Toilers of the Deep', Victor Hugo makes mention of the
'On the North Hill, at Castle Carey, there is (was) a precious collection
of paintings, most of them Spanish. If it were a public building it
would be a museum.'
Carey Castle pictured in 1996.